Yesterday I printed my first linocut – when I say my first I mean I haven’t PRINTED before, I have linocut before and failed miserably!
I think it turned out quite nicely; I chose a bright blue ink which really stood out next to the black ink my friends used.
You will need:
- Lino thats been cut with your design
- oil based relief printing ink
- a scraper thingy to get it out of the tin
- a glass sheet to mix your ink on
- a roller for applying the ink
Just to clarify, those aren’t my hands – they are too hairy! Neil showed us how to roll the ink on evenly before we had a go
All inked up
Ready on the press… (it stands out against black doesn’t it?)
…. printed! Woop!
And then, because I’m good, I cleaned my lino with turps!