Basically neat vs messy, smooth vs messy and easy to read vs hard to read sometimes.
I don’t think I will ever learn about using pencil and then having to present/photograph work! Nevermind!
In class I got some feedback from Sinclair and have decided which unconventional typeface to pursue with…
The final task was to put all my work together. I tried to do a few extra bits to help it flow more as a project, rather than just what we were told to do! Here is a brief flick through my work:
‘Brainstorm’ of my characteristics.
10 hand drawn type observations
Existing Lorry logo research
Looking at the different ways I could vary the designs… Hierarchy, Colour, Alignment etc
The 80 logo drawings which you saw in the previous post.
Research (Notice the cheeky inclusion of 2 of my own experimental typefaces :P)
Experimenting with wet media!
Sketching different options.
Digitalisation of the conventional typeface.
Deciding on the final conventional typeface.
Digitalisation of the unconventional type
Making adjustments to the unconventional typeface… a lot of grids and measuring!
This is not just any project… this is a NN project aka a TREE! I always use a stupid amount of paper… it’s not environmentally friendly!
Anyway…. final logos:
I definitely like my unconventional typeface better – I’m quite proud of how it’s turned out 🙂
I have my review tomorrow at 10 with Sinclair! Wish me luck!!