Confessions of a Blog-a-holic

Anyone reading this will know that I love to blog. I’ve owned my blog for 1210 days  now and have racked up 311 posts – that is nearly equivalent to a post every 4 days! Some might say I’m obsessed or addicted but as a Graphic Design student I find it to be really beneficial and helpful in getting my work ‘out there’.

It seems so long ago now (as I am behind) but back in March I did a couple of posts on what I had been up to in the studio, which I don’t usually do but due to the style of the lessons it worked. Data Visualisation. If I’m honest, I wasn’t crazy about it at the start. I had seen some really interesting info graphics on the web, but didn’t really think it was for me. I’m not one to shy away from a challenge though and have to admit that in the end I actually quite enjoyed doing it (and have plans to continue it a bit further over the summer)! After a few weeks of practising, the end task was set – produce 2 A1 info graphic posters; 1 from data supplied by our tutor(who is very keen on Data Vis himself!) and 1 with our own data.

So I wrote a list of all the things I could use for my data; from the contents of my fridge to where I spend my time. I didn’t want to be obvious and do my blog, but I thought it would be silly to miss out on the opportunity to look into my habits and find out something interesting. WordPress does offer some statistical information but it’s quite standard and doesn’t really allow you to see any patterns:

So I wrote down a lot of numbers, dates, topics and had to decide on what to do with them all. At first, I wanted to do a 3D info graphic because I had been producing hand drawn work in a rebellion against the digital work being produced by the rest of the year(not saying there is anything wrong with it but I just like to try and do something different) but decided against it. I had produced a 3D mock up, using blog views data and was planning to go ahead with it but then I thought ‘What is this actually saying?’. I didn’t think it was showing anything interesting so looked over the data again and changed my approach.

Some days I have posted 5 times, with a 3 minute gap between them but in contrast I have been able to go 29 days without posting anything. I wanted to know ‘What is my favourite day/ month/ time of day to post?’, so that’s what I looked at!

I then was faced with the decision of how to make it ‘look pretty’. My first thoughts were to make it look like my blog, but the golden rule is not to go with your first idea(usually). I decided to use data from 3 years of blogging (which means none of 2012 is included) to make it a bit easier and thought ‘Ah, triangles have 3 sides. Maybe I could use triangles somehow?’ I love triangles anyway, so began to test some things out:

At this point I was almost ready to give up on it looking half decent at all…

Here comes the turning point though. I had the idea of using triangles(as months) made up from smaller triangles(as days)…

… and then it began to come together finally.

After tweaking with it for what seemed like forever, I ‘settled’ on a final outcome:

Wanna see a few details? Oh, go on then…

April 2010 was my ‘bloggiest’ month – 16 posts, with a 4 posts on 1 day and 3 posts on 3 days!

My favourite time to post? 2009 & 2010 was 6PM but in 2011 that changed to 10AM.

I also included some facts to spell out some of the weirder things I found out about my habits – e.g. I have typed 88,956 words on my blog! Eeek! That is a lot of waffle 🙂

If you like what you see and are feeling generous, then it would make me happy if you could go over to my behance and appreciate the project by clicking on the thumbs up at the bottom!

I actually got quite into this project in the end and am happy with the final outcome. I am even thinking about doing some others to follow it up over the summer so if you liked this, then keep an eye out!

153 Comments

1. jgradney@yahoo.com' 31/05/2012 / 8:20 pm

Creative thinking. Thanks for sharing your thought process.

broadwaygalleries
      05/06/2012 / 9:03 pm

Wow! I really like you self-analysis. I too agree that WordPress is a bit limiting on what you can use, you have given me some great ideas for my own blog!

2. mikalee.byerman@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 7:18 pm

Oh. My. GOD. I love this…it’s wonderful to meet a fellow blog dork.

And I mean this as one of the absolute highest comments possible!

🙂

3. dsomm70@aol.com'
    Cleverreality
    01/06/2012 / 7:25 pm

The first step to admitting you have a problem with blogging is breaking down every possible stat about your blogging and sharing it with the world. Great work.

4. mhackel@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 7:37 pm

My eyes went cross-eyed somewhere in the middle there. Thank you for making me feel more normal on this day. (and I love your enthusiasm, btw)

5. claudiammahler@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 7:42 pm

As both a statistics lover and a blogging freak, I LOVE this post! Your visualizations of your data are awesome. Good luck with your graphic design program, and congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

6. jkfay@verizon.net' 01/06/2012 / 7:45 pm

That is a really beautiful info graphic. I’m a graphic designer as well. Congrats on being FP… I’m glad I decided to click on this on the front page. From the title of your post (which is all I looked at…not the blog name), I didn’t realize you were a designer. I wish I could download a PDF of it and really look at the data more closely though!

7. info@hookedonquilting.com' 01/06/2012 / 7:57 pm

As a quilter your colored triangles caught my eye and I had to read to see what they were all about. The design would make a great scrap quilt and would challenge even the most seasoned quilter to keep them in shape given all the bias edges. Isn’t it amazing what one creative mind can do to spark an idea in another creative mind?!

8. susielindau@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 7:58 pm

That must have taken a lot of work even on a computer. I was a graphic artist back in the day of paste up and layout.
    It got the right attention!
    Congrats on being Freshly Pressed.

9. camillamon@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 8:18 pm

Wow! That data tweaking and the graphics are fantastic.

10. kaimrgn@yahoo.com'
    Kai @EmbraceYouMag.com
    01/06/2012 / 8:41 pm

Whoa! What a interesting post you have here. Thanks for sharing your stats. I can relate with you.

P.S. new follower

11. fbapr1@whatithink.info' 01/06/2012 / 8:42 pm

Wow, 88,956 words? I have some catching up to do!

12. debock2@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:00 pm

Hi, my name is Elaine and I’m a blog-a-holic! Just wanted you to know you’re not alone. lol Actually, it looks like WordPress should be hiring you!

13. msrshadows@yahoo.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:01 pm

Those charts are really cool! Very creative way to make a chart, most charts are so dull, lifeless, and boring. I’m no graphic design student, but I hated making info charts like that in a computer class I once took, however ours did not look nearly so cool as yours! Good job.
    God Bless,
    Donna

14. wartimemagazine@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:09 pm

I envy your hits. I’ve been at it a month now (I run a little history blog), but I post a story a day. I only have 200 visits and only 26 on my busiest day. Keep up the good work.

• nids2001@hotmail.com' 07/06/2012 / 8:11 am

200 hits in the first month is not bad at all. I have been at it for over a year, but haven’t been dedicated enough to get my views beyond 100 a month or so. The key is to blog regularly, so you don’t lose your audience.
      Fantastique, you inspire me.

15. mariechenp@sun.ac.za' 01/06/2012 / 9:10 pm

What an intelligent graphic! As someone with no graphical ability I found it super interesting to see this work-in-progress.

16. oppollat23@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:18 pm

I like how this project grew into something original but yeah its never easy maintaining decent creativity. But it shows how much you care about your work and that’s all that matters. You were still able to pull this off by not retreating where others would have gave up, hell even i would have second guessed myself. But it goes to show what happens when you stick to your guns -,o

17. sharonsuttonusa@sbcglobal.net' 01/06/2012 / 9:19 pm

Maybe you could turn this into something to sell…..I bet others like Mikalee would jump at the chance to have the color coded triangles….

18. copywriter@lesleydougall.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:28 pm

Proof, if ever there was, that creatives think differently. Nice.

19. wheretogo72@hotmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:30 pm

Love the thought process – good to see I am not the only one! I am hooked – can’t get enough of reading everyone’s blogs!

20. nmjkemppainen@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:34 pm

That’s such a cool and original idea! Wish I could do something like that, too. 🙂 Nevertheless, you inspired me. Thanks for sharing!

21. TrailHikeLife@aol.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:39 pm

Wow! Want some more coffee?! I had actually logged off and then saw your freshly pressed post and had to log back on to comment. Amazing numbers crunching!

22. udctrox@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 9:47 pm

Wow. That’s some good data representation. And posting more than once a day? Respect!

23. tartan.and.argyle@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:07 pm

This is so cool- I actually envy your level of dedication to your blog- half the time I can’t think of enough to say on here! I’m hoping that I can get the whole “art” of this figured out soon so that I can be a bit more frequent with my postings! Thanks for sharing !

24. Jewelclyde@yahoo.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:07 pm

Wow! How long did it take you to gather all this data and put all your own research and stats together?

25. patricemj@live.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:12 pm

I wish I was you… you made art out of your data, plus learned a few things about your habits. Nice work!

26. r.tomlinson@live.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:12 pm

This is one truly epic post!

On a more personal note; thanks for highlighting that ‘m not the only one completely obsessed by statistics! I thought I was going crazy! To think I couldn’t stand mathematics at school! How times change!

27. mtraill2@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:16 pm

Great data visualization, excellent solution

28. elboustani.rima@hotmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:18 pm

Very creative solution! It always amazes me how graphic designers can see 20 solutions where I see only one!

29. alongcomesmary26@gmail.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:47 pm

Great post…I just hit the 1000th view on my blog in under 2 mos & somehow thats really added fuel to the fire for me today, I feel like I cannot stop promoting my blog, Tweeting, Facebooking! Its like, Put. The. Laptop. DOWN!;-) Great page you’ve got here & congrats on Freshly Pressed!!

30. danica.nuestro@yahoo.com' 01/06/2012 / 10:54 pm

Wow! a blog-a-holic indeed.. I just opened my blog here and it’s getting in on me. I’ve been posting everyday since I started. Well, I just started bloggin 3 days ago. LOL.

31. kownroom@yahoo.com' 01/06/2012 / 11:28 pm

OMG–how fun! You had me at blogaholic–an oh-so-perfect description of me. Great post,
    Hugs,
    Kathy

32. allisonmhgreen@gmail.com'
    Allison Green
    01/06/2012 / 11:52 pm

Neato! Love the triangles. How did you find out your word count? Did you have to check each post and add them up?

33. alexjones@liberatedway.net'
    Alex Jones
    01/06/2012 / 11:54 pm

Plato considered that the universe was made of triangles.

34. anthonyvenable110@gmail.com'
    anthonyvenable110
    02/06/2012 / 12:42 am

This was a really cool post, one that I enjoyed quite a bit. I love to blog as well, and when I get a lot of hits (over 100) it is quite exciting.

35. patriciacrowherlevi@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 1:17 am

I don’t know that you’re a blog-aholic, I can beat you on posts per week. But boy, are you obsessed LOL with the stats and graphics. Not a bad thing, someone might need your knowledge and know-how.

36. lei.ale.rodriguez@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 1:19 am

OMG! I thought I was the only one… but you are a master jedi

37. bedofclover@gmail.com'
    Conservatory of Magic
    02/06/2012 / 1:26 am

Cool and interesting design project!

38. jdewit20@student.scad.edu'
    beaufortninja
    02/06/2012 / 1:45 am

I update my blog everyday without fail. I’m some kind of a monster. I really like your thought process! I’ll try something like it soon. It’s always nice to find another blog-a-holic!

39. civilwarnutcase@hotmail.com'
    Ronald Rodriguez
    02/06/2012 / 2:37 am

Certainly a new way to look at this, but very interesting. Thank’s for sharing!

40. hope.presenter@gmail.com'
    Tripleexl
    02/06/2012 / 2:51 am

Totally love this, the title drew me in but I must confess the content totally blew me, not what I was expecting. Kudos!

41. elkeclarissa@hotmail.com'
    elketeaches
    02/06/2012 / 3:30 am

Interesting! 🙂

42. melanie10203@sbcglobal.net' 02/06/2012 / 4:10 am

I’m a blog dork too! Cheers to our healthy obsesssion 🙂

43. eld11g@my.fsu.edu' 02/06/2012 / 4:15 am

Fantastic! I, too, love using my blog to get my design work out there — you’re able to reach so many people. I love how you’ve gone a step further and shown your creative process, you are a true talent.

44. nellynazario@hotmail.com'
    nazarioartpainting
    02/06/2012 / 4:21 am

You are really blog-a-holic 🙂

45. sweetopia51@gmail.com'
    PushDumpFatButton
    02/06/2012 / 4:27 am

This is absolutely a fantastic blog!

46. reindrmr@yahoo.com' 02/06/2012 / 5:01 am

It’s interesting. Sort of reminiscent of ‘Bucky’ Fuller’s tetrahedral-based “Synergetics”. Kind of like his ‘Tetrahedral City’ concept.

47. lijiujiu123@yahoo.com'
    lijiujiu
    02/06/2012 / 5:51 am

Excellent post.
    It’s an amazing thing that you nearly equivalent to a post every 4 days! This is really a good work. I appreciate your efforts behind that.
    Thanks for sharing.

48. tishkaboom@gmail.com'
    thebehenjialterego
    02/06/2012 / 7:10 am

whoah! What a brain!

49. kathryn.killeen@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 7:21 am

This is fantastic. Love the final outcome, clean lines, creative, and you’re still able to see the data. I want one for my blog!

50. tiffanysjpark@hotmail.com'
    tiffanycuddletail
    02/06/2012 / 7:59 am

“That is a lot of waffle :D”
    You’re great.

51. mnmxsuzuki@gmail.com'
    suzukimiho
    02/06/2012 / 8:43 am

Hah! This is absolutely mind-blowing! Great post!

52. indira016@hotmail.com'
    indiraadams
    02/06/2012 / 9:12 am

You are so talented! Once you start blogging, and really get into the flow of it, it’s imposibble to stop. I’m jealous of your stats! I’ve had my blog for over a year, and have only 2,000 views. But nonetheless, I’m proud of those numbers! Congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

53. afrozy.ara@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 10:51 am

“The golden rule is not to go with your first idea”. Couldn’t agree more! Like your geeky thinking..keep blogging!!

54. aviya613@gmail.com'
    The Quiet Borderline
    02/06/2012 / 10:55 am

Really cool – I love it!

55. greenygrey@googlemail.com'
    Folding Mirror Poetry
    02/06/2012 / 12:42 pm

Great inspiration, imagination and design.

I don’t think a blog every four days is addiction. I try and blog every day on my main blog; although I don’t always want to, so I don’t think I’m addicted either.

I think I remember reading that to get your blog really popular you need to blog several times a day. But that’s too much for me!

Best of luck with it, and your future blogs and projects…

56. slap_the_pony@msn.com' 02/06/2012 / 1:22 pm

I absolutely love the end results of this, and your ‘golden rule’ definitely gives me something to think about. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on being FP’d!

57. ajay.ramdasi@cognizant.com' 02/06/2012 / 1:29 pm

Fantastic creativity here. I’m amazed at the number of things you’ve taken into consideration here. I won’t be surprised if you are asked to design the new stats page for wordpres! 🙂
    And congrats on being pressed!

58. ozprawn@hotmail.co.uk' 02/06/2012 / 2:03 pm

It takes a really, really talented designer to make stats and graphs not only look interesting and worth reading about, but to also remind me of a board game called Triominoes, AND use a colour theme that’s making me want to go out shopping right now to buy some Belgian Chocolates and put them in a Tiffany box – this blog is amazing and you absolutely deserved your ‘Freshly Pressed’!

59. hannah-jeffery88@hotmail.co.uk' 02/06/2012 / 2:28 pm

That’s really cool! i hope to be a blog-a-holic too! 😉

60. agraciouslife@yahoo.com.ph' 02/06/2012 / 3:23 pm

I think your thoughts are great! It’s nice to see your perspective…inspiring!

61. natasiarl@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 3:30 pm

Ooo I love the visualization of your blog addiction!

62. vl.fujitaki@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 4:21 pm

i would just like to say that this is AMAZING! i cant believe you turned your data into a pretty diagram (multiple diagrams!)!

63. serendipity3@live.co.uk'
    moodybluebird
    02/06/2012 / 4:30 pm

♥ it. Takes blogging to a whole different level 😀

64. marcus.asoni@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 4:36 pm

I love the triangle theme. And are those 3D views something done in a program, like Illustrator? Or is that a real picture?

Either way, it’s beautiful work!

65. OmNomCT@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 6:16 pm

Wow, this is INTENSE! 🙂 New life to stats, no doubt. We hear you on the being addicted part. Nice work 🙂

66. missrb21@hotmail.co.uk' 02/06/2012 / 6:30 pm

Inspired! I found that bloging helped me with my uni work and the conceptualisation of ideas keep it up its such a wonderful tool!

67. mennlay@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 6:40 pm

This is blowing my mind right now. Please keep blogging these absolutely amazing articles — it’s an inspiration!

68. mbailey@temenos.com' 02/06/2012 / 6:42 pm

I’m glad you persevered. Excellent analysis and graphics.

69. jwe27@nau.edu' 02/06/2012 / 6:46 pm

Great idea! I’ve always wanted to go back and look at the patterns in my own blog. I’m sure they’d have interesting things to say. I look forward to seeing more. Have a great day!

70. jonny0782@tiscali.co.uk'
    jonny0782
    02/06/2012 / 7:01 pm

It looks really interesting and professional.

71. emma.k.dawson.91@hotmail.co.uk' 02/06/2012 / 7:51 pm

Congrats on making FP Tasha! So proud 😀 Your info graphic is amazing <3

72. procrastin8or75@googlemail.com'
    procrastin8or
    02/06/2012 / 8:36 pm

That’s some awesome analyses there! Good work 🙂

73. ian.jen@mweb.co.za' 02/06/2012 / 8:40 pm

I have to confess that I don’t know what it all means, but it looks pretty awesome, and well deserving of being Freshly Pressed. Well done!

74. scott.fillmer@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 8:44 pm

great stuff… i’ve been working on my blog for almost 10 years now, about 1050 posts, so keep going, it just gets better lol 🙂

congrats on FP!

75. toweraridley@gmail.com' 02/06/2012 / 9:38 pm

Wow! Really enjoyed your post Natasha- not what I was expecting when I clicked the link, what a great journey through your design process. Lovely result too, look forward to seeing more.

76. cathleenshaffer@aol.com' 02/06/2012 / 10:53 pm

Wow! What a unique blog and concept. I have a rule that is the opposite of yours, always go with your first idea–I find my first idea is always my best when it comes to blogging.

77. tiana.feng@ridethetempo.com' 03/06/2012 / 12:46 am

I loveeeeee the charts so much! It reminds me of Dan Roam’s visual problem solving techniques!

78. cornwall.kristine@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 12:49 am

I love infographics and being a girl who can use words OK but is visually very inept, I’m so envious of graphic designers. Nice work and congratulations on being Freshly Pressed!

79. stacey@xtra.co.nz'
    lensaddiction
    03/06/2012 / 2:42 am

Im not sure what the triangles finally represented, but I enjoyed following your creative path. I feel a bit like that with my photography when I am trying to express a particular image. Way to go on the regular blogging, I wish I was able to be so consistent 🙂

80. aster.mcbee@gmail.com'
    Aster
    03/06/2012 / 2:52 am

Very cool.

81. kokayfrommanila@gmail.com'
    KOKAY
    03/06/2012 / 3:48 am

Wow, you made stats look like a superhero! You’re on to something! Keep it up!

82. alexandria@simplysage.org'
    SimplySage
    03/06/2012 / 4:40 am

You have just created a blog stat subsidiary! Do I see WordPress Automatician in your future?
    Fun and interesting post!
    Peace,
    Alexandria

83. vidock.x@gmail.com'
    Wilden Grant
    03/06/2012 / 4:48 am

This is really wonderful.
    ” I love triangles anyway”
    I never considered the possibility that people could have favorites among geometric figures. You have done a great job representing the data on the triangles theme :). I think triangles are a greater means of representing subset-super set relationships and also intersections in comparison to the commonly used circles, because you can actually make new triangles with the intersection of two ore more, thus preserving the integrity of the triangle-theme. Great job indeed. will keep an eye out for more on this subject 🙂

84. bjlocco@hotmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 6:25 am

You are great!! haha great post and great blog !

85. emexllc@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 6:27 am

We love data visualization!

86. taraleshdude@gmail.com'
    taraleshdude
    03/06/2012 / 8:06 am

Great execution.Giving information such an enjoyable visual dimension is cream for geometry/symmetry jerks like me (ref. my latest posts on that if you like) .. 🙂

87. rain.lv.r@hotmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 8:47 am

I love that you used triangles. The number three is nearly spiritual, IMO. Maybe you could try laying the chart out as a triangle too, or would that waste too much space? Your future is bright, well done. 🙂

88. masc930@aol.com' 03/06/2012 / 10:30 am

Good God, you must have been a math major in college!

89. montseuk@yahoo.co.uk' 03/06/2012 / 11:34 am

Wow, congrats! This is some work. Good publicity for you. Make sure the right people see it!

90. aignaciodc@yahoo.com' 03/06/2012 / 11:42 am

Really enjoyed following your thought process. Thanks for sharing this!

91. nzpersonal@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 3:44 pm

Brilliant! Oh this is lovely.
    Could you please add a button to enable sharing to Google+?

92. raythespa-kingofnewjersey@hotmail.com'
    Rachel Jones
    03/06/2012 / 4:36 pm

Your final outcome looks like the 90s Anglia Television logo!

Rae

93. j_bwall@yahoo.co.uk' 03/06/2012 / 5:02 pm

great idea and it does look good

94. misteeblue_08@live.com' 03/06/2012 / 6:33 pm

wow those triangles made me dizzy but it’s really eye catching. i like how you mixed statistics and graphic design. best part of getting stats from a certain data is understanding the reason behind the numbers.

95. martiink2009@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 6:57 pm

Wow! I’ve got it bad but you’ve got me beat! Congrats on being Freshly Pressed.

96. jackslater@me.com' 03/06/2012 / 8:12 pm

WOW! Love it, and it looks like a lot of other people do to!

97. vincentsabeauty@hotmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 9:20 pm

Love this! Well done, from one blog aholic to another, muchas gracias!

98. wrhibbard@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 9:49 pm

You are indeed a blog-a-holic. There are some fascinating bits of data to track – what attracts people to certain blogs and blog posts – tags, time of day, chance, fishing for readers, interest in the topic, photos, voice/quality of writing, location. I’ve never thought about my own tendencies really until now that you mentioned it. For whatever it’s worth, I tend to write in the morning before work and a little later in the AM on the weekends. I wonder what would happen to traffic on my blog if I wrote more in the PM. I just realized that I’m a blog-a-holic too. HELP!

99. info@valoreofis.com'
    Valore Ofis
    03/06/2012 / 11:24 pm

Love this! Well done, from one blog aholic to another, muchas gracias!

100. lorilipsky@gmail.com' 03/06/2012 / 11:27 pm

Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed. Interesting post. Well done!

101. ishgagno@gmail.com' 04/06/2012 / 1:04 am

data viz is just awesome, isn’t it? i could click all day in Visual Complexity; there’s so much stuff in there. I bet if we can get our hands on some data sets from WordPress, we could come up with some pretty mind-blowing stuff! 🙂 congrats on being FP!

102. Karina@designsbykq.com'
    Karina
    04/06/2012 / 2:58 am

This is great! I find it so hard to blog, but once I get started I’m all good!

103. stspectator@gmail.com' 04/06/2012 / 3:43 am

I started out recently but am becoming a real addict at blogging. Tks for post. Very inspiring.

104. judysp@bigpond.net.au' 04/06/2012 / 4:49 am

Congratulations on Freshly Pressed. That is quite an achievement. I am a newbie to blogging but I love it, and I fear that I too am addicted. Sigh!
    I am a follower now and look forward to your next post. cheers Judy

105. thebookofalice@gmail.com' 04/06/2012 / 5:14 am

Oh dear god. I feel your pain. I am a total addict. That said, your stats rendering is positively stunning. This non-graphic-designer who loves design is j-e-a-l-o-u-s. Gorgeous work, you blogoholic you!

106. dailyvisualinspiration44@gmail.com' 04/06/2012 / 9:08 am

Wow, that looks very interesting and extremely creative! I’d love to see a bigger picture of it! What a great idea.. 🙂

107. rmartin_34@yahoo.com'
    Alyssa
    04/06/2012 / 11:03 am

I had fun reading your long post, nice illustrations as well. Congrats on making it to freshly pressed, by the way. 🙂

——————————
    colorado springs divorce lawyers

108. paulinefinlay@yahoo.com' 04/06/2012 / 11:46 am

Loved reading your post! Congrats on your success! Keep on blogging…as if you could stop, right?

109. lilizero@ymail.com' 04/06/2012 / 12:30 pm

So…many…Triforces *gets a dreamy crosseyed look* (yep I’m a Zelda fan) good job on the graphic though, that must have taken ages, Looks fantastic.

110. koco37@gmail.com' 04/06/2012 / 1:14 pm

Congrats on being Fresh Pressed…great post!

111. ottsjoblogger@telia.com'
    Mightysense
    04/06/2012 / 1:54 pm

Only since 2010?? I AM a bigger Blog-A.holic!! I´ve blogged since 1995! from blogspot,blogger,wordpress,typedap to now on my own WP! Who blogged longer??
    Love tina

112. manjul_feb16@yahoo.co.in' 04/06/2012 / 2:18 pm

You definitely ARE a graphic designer!

113. sandyb.hop@gmail.com'
    Zohan
    04/06/2012 / 2:39 pm

Gawd! you are such a blogging dork like me! But you take it to next level with all of that number crunching and graphics.

I like your writing energy and thought process behind writing ! Happy blogging!

114. fringewalker@hotmail.co.uk' 04/06/2012 / 2:50 pm

Haha, you big geek! 😉 Triangles! So are wp likely to implement this anytime, so i can have triangles too?! Grats on press!
    ps agreed – blogging is a sickness! x

115. ml@me-ganlifestyle.co'
    marysparacinobortel
    04/06/2012 / 3:32 pm

Checking your hits and knowing that people are reading what you write can be addicting! GO FIGURE…. I’d say that’s social media in a nutshell. Love the graphs! Maybe you could help me better design my blogsite!! 🙂 Happy blogging! ME-gan Love to you!

116. thexshattered@yahoo.com'
    anonanna
    04/06/2012 / 4:51 pm

Ohgod. You *are* a blogaholic hahaha… And a good graphic designer too; I liked the stuff I saw. I can’t blame you, of course. When I get obsessed with something, I also do lots of organizing and putting stuff into columns and things. Not as complicated as yours, though.

117. blueangel177@hotmail.com' 05/06/2012 / 12:46 am

This is just amazing. I too have become addicted to my blog (and reading others), AND I’m somewhat of a maths geek.
    It looks like quite a process to where you got to though… Your next step should maybe be to develop a website where you can put in your blog address and it works it all out for you. Just an idea! 🙂

118. ronsaroyan@hotmail.com'
    proflightsimulatorr
    05/06/2012 / 3:56 am

thought the triangular calendar was very cool, thanks for sharing that.
    congrats on the FP!
    btw…does being freshly pressed fuel the fire to being more addicted to blogging?
    congrats 🙂

119. presamy22@gmail.com'
    I Just Want to be Outside
    05/06/2012 / 4:06 am

I’m a designer as well, and just had to give a thumbs up on your info graphic! Wish I could enlarge it to get a better view. “Appreciated” on behance as well!

120. info@younglifeperception.com' 05/06/2012 / 4:26 am

I think it is great that you can come up with so many topics to talk about. 4 times a week sure is a lot of posts. Seeing your stats definitely motivates me to keep working harder on my blog. Thanks for posting !

121. alwaysayume@gmail.com' 05/06/2012 / 7:09 am

I have to say, I clicked on this because of the picture on the front page. It turned out quite different, and more awesome than I’d expected. I love how you broke it down. I totally agree about the beauty of triangles. Props!

122. kerry_dwyer@hotmail.co.uk' 05/06/2012 / 10:34 am

I love the triangles. You are a little obsessed, I would say, with statistics but they are pretty. As my mother would say – it keeps you off the streets.

123. stevenwadeedinburgh@gmail.com' 05/06/2012 / 2:38 pm

Also addicted to blogs, can’t get enough!
    Steven Wade, Edinburgh and Dundee

124. amanda.fried@hotmail.com' 07/06/2012 / 5:18 pm

I’m just starting blogging, I can see it gets addictive fast! Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed 🙂

125. Pingback: Confessions of a blog-a-holic « Murray Galbraith