Sketchbook: Up the hill

Last Wednesday I began a sketch up the top of Lincoln’s lovely Steep Hill (Britain’s great street winner 2012!) but I didn’t get very far due to it deciding to rain…

But it doesn’t rain all the time in Lincoln (the weather has actually been really nice at points!) so I headed back to the same bench to continue my sketch…

(Photo kindly taken by Glen)

But did I finish it? No. From one extreme to the other – the sun was actually scorching and I couldn’t stand the heat too long (plus there were some interesting characters hanging around who were a bit distracting). BUT once I start something i’m quite keen to get it finished, so on the third trek up Steep Hill (hello toned legs!):

Voila – complete with golden postbox and everything! I tend to use my artistic license quite a lot but it looks so much better without the chairs and tables outside – I like a tidy street!

I also decided on a few other places that I want to sketch around Lincoln’s Cathedral quarter, so providing the weather is feeling kind, I’ll be sharing those soon.

It’s great to see that I’m not the only one making a big push to get back into drawing. Nikki from Style&Influence has been putting pencil to paper and there’s also the Campaign for Drawing too! Is anyone else being reunited with their pens? Comment below with a link to your sketches πŸ™‚

8 Comments

1. dominica.wiecha@gmail.com' 19/08/2013 / 6:42 pm

I’m really impressed with your perseverance and motivation. And your sketches of course πŸ™‚
    While I still haven’t picked up a sketchbook and my latest excuse is that I’ve just been so busy with work and studying.

• Tisha_Tasha@hotmail.com' 19/08/2013 / 7:05 pm

Thanks – I’m impressed by myself! ha Yeah it is tough to find time to fit it in but maybe you could try relaxing an hour before bed by sketching or doodling? Let me know how you get on!

2. thisistopa@gmail.com' 20/08/2013 / 8:45 am

I really like your drawing! Going back to it is on my bucket list for this year. I hope I will find some time soon, but your post was really inspiring for that. πŸ˜‰

• Tisha_Tasha@hotmail.com' 20/08/2013 / 11:35 pm

Thank you for your kind words – it means a lot! I hope you find some time too as from looking at your blog, you’ve been to some beautiful places that would make beautiful sketches! Hope to see your sketches soon πŸ™‚

• thisistopa@gmail.com' 21/08/2013 / 7:41 am

Thanks for your encouragement! If my sketches turn out presentable, I’ll post them. πŸ˜‰

3. beth@segmation.com' 21/08/2013 / 6:41 pm

You are very talented. I love your sketches!

4. edshiggins@googlemail.com'
    edshigginsblog
    21/08/2013 / 10:26 pm

ok your sketching is so much better than mine! what you use for the colouring in?