On the 26th of December 2015 I turned 26 years old. I know, it shocked me too!
Age is a funny thing, isn’t it? I mean, I don’t feel 26 at all… but then what does 26 feel like? When I was younger I thought that at 26 I would have a good job, be married and thinking about having babies. I thought I’d have everything ‘sorted’…whatever that means.
So things might not have panned out exactly how my 12 year old self had imagined, but if I’m honest, I’m pretty glad they didn’t! I’m happy with what I have achieved so far and wouldn’t have it any other way – everything happens for a reason in my eyes. But with 26 being my lucky number I’m hoping that my 26th year of life in the world (aka 2016) is going to be a particularly good one for me. Here are 26 things/thoughts/ways I’m going to live it to the best of my 26 year old abilities:
1. Try to eat more good foods… veg and stuff like that
2. Exercise more… because I don’t exercise at all
3. Look after myself more… aka more Lush baths
4. Be happy and…
5. Spend more time with people that make me happy
6. Explore more of London
7. Visit more cool coffee shops
8. Meet more cool people
9. Have more confidence in myself
10. Get rid of all of the unnecessary clutter in my life… it feels good
Be more decisive
11. Design wise… what do I want/like to design?
12. Life wise… in general I just need to stop wondering and just get shit done!
13. Continue to blog in my own way… don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. Also btw I’VE BEEN BLOGGING 7 YEARS this January – wowzer!
14. Up my Youtube game… I really enjoyed Vlogmas but I want to create design/creativity focused video content because I don’t think there’s that much out there right now
15. Make time to read books… I have a big pile waiting for me
16. Try something new… I’m open to suggestions
Less talk, more action
17. I have lots of ideas that I keep talking about, but hopefully in 2016 I will be able to put my money where my mouth is an actually make a start on them
18. Make more lists, rather than lettings things float around in circles in my head
19. Make time to actually sit at my desk and be creative each week
20. Update my portfolio website because I haven’t touched it since I left Uni
Explore more of the world
21. Visit Scotland… it’s so close, yet I’ve not been!
22. Visit more of Europe… Maybe Berlin or Copenhagen?
Age is just a number
23. Continue to feel 19 in a 26 year old body
24. Don’t feel pressured to grow up/ be an adult
25. Ignore all of the engagements and babies on social media… I’m happy doing my own thing right now
26. 26 is my lucky number, so embrace superstition and enjoy my 26th year of being me
What thoughts are you taking with you into 2016? Let me know if you’re setting yourself any challenges!