74 days ago I began my second year of #The100DayProject, choosing to attempt #100DaysofGraphique after a pretty successful #100DaysofTriangles project in 2015. I would say that if you follow me on Instagram you would definitely remember, but with the algorithm who knows if I show up in your feed anymore!?
But anyway, although I’ve not really been shouting about it and giving you guys regular updates on my blog (last year I did weekly round ups!) I am still going. Even though I thought I was setting a more open and therefore easier brief for myself this year, it’s not been the easiest of projects, with a number of big changes to my life. BUT I have persevered and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
When I began back in April, a small group of lovely internet people decided to try the challenge too. But, as with all long term projects it’s a bit of a survival of the fittest race, the group is now sadly a lot smaller! Some made it to 39, some to 51, but I don’t think it matters how far you made it really. The initial idea and commitment to the project is admirable and everyone that took part should be proud of that!
If you’d like to support a few of the last ones standing and cheer them on to the finish line, here are a few of my faves:
- Kelly from My Fair Pixel with #100DaysofInkedAstronomy
- Hannah from Crafternoon Cabaret Club with #100DaysofFlatlay
- Laura from Laura Blair with #100DaysofPublicTransport
– Erin from Erin Veness with #100daysoftwo
- Mark from That Gent Mark with #100DaysofTGMDoodles
Fin with #100DaysofPaperCraft
– Danielle with #100DaysofAmpersands
- Sarah with #100DaysofStudioSnapshots
I’m really hoping that we will all continue to stay strong and that we’ll be able to arrange a little end of #The100DayProject get together/party like the one I went to last year – wouldn’t that be nice?
…And I guess the only thing left for me to do is to share the past 58 days with you. If you’re not already following me on Instagram then it would be great to have you with me for these last 27 days of the project, so come show me some love 🙂
Days 15 to 73 includes:
– Visiting various exhibitions (Pulse, Clerkenwell Design Week, Uni of Lincoln Degree Show, Under The Same Sun, Made In Italy: Bodoni, Tate Modern)
– Attending cool events (Etsy, Harry Potter, Blogtacular, Facebook)
– Moving to a new flat & many IKEA trips
– Being made redundant
– Starting a podcast (Designed In London)
– My Nieces’ christening
– Deciding to try going Freelance
Thanks for your continued support throughout the roller coaster that we call life! P.S. I’m not sure if I really mention it enough, but recently I’ve been really enjoying making videos for Youtube, so if you ever wondered what my voice sounds like in real life then please pop over to watch and subscribe!