Pinch, punch, first of the month and welcome to my new monthly series: Colour Calendar. 12 months to celebrate 12 colours. Simple!
This September I’m seeing RED for a number of reasons (not just because Taylor Swift released her new album and she is out for blood). It’s usually paired with February for love etc, but I don’t see why we have to wait until Valentines day to spread the love.
Red just seems to be everywhere at the moment – usually I’m a monochrome kinda girl but recently I’ve seen red sneak into my life in the form of shoes, cushions and more. Maybe it has something to do with THOSE red tassel earrings that everyone and their dog is wearing (apart from me, actually)? They might be sold out in H&M (the original source) but I’m not giving up on them just yet… the temptation is still there thanks to Topshop.
September is the beginning of Autumn and also the month that London Design Festival comes to town (16th – 24th). With almost 400 events, exhibitions and installations across London, there’s something for everyone to enjoy / embrace their creativity. As a Graphic Designer I know I’m slightly biased when I say that Design is amazing, but it is actually a very important part of our daily life: everything is designed! From our clothes and transport to food and the plates it sits on, design is everywhere and helps to make our lives easier and more enjoyable (hopefully – good design should anyway). I’ve been putting together my LDF picks so look out for that on the blog soon!
1. Red Fisheye Lomography Camera: Urban Outfitters – £45
2. Lada Girls Club Slogan Tee: Joanie – £18
3. Crimson Tiny Leather Satchel: Cambridge Satchel Company – £60
4. HAY extra small trinket tray: Amara – £13
5. Wrap fracture notebook: Paperchase – £12.50
6. Red Courdoy Fringe Edge cushion: Urban Outfitters – £35
7. Red Tassel Earrings: Topshop – £14
8. Cassandra Yap: Print Club London – £60
9. Heart Tee: Monki – £8
10. Lost in Paris guide: Amazon – £9.00
11. Retro clock: Habitat – £75
12. Jersey stripe top with frills: H&M £12.99
13. Ria Card Organiser in Burgundy: Oliver Bonas – £18
14. Lazy Oaf Dungarees: Asos – £80
15. London Design Festival: London – Free events & installations
Have you got your eye on any red items? Let me know your favourites! It’s payday for most of us so don’t let those pennies burn a hole in your pocket any longer – treat yourself 🙂