I know what you’re thinking: ‘Rainbow isn’t a colour’. Well no, it’s better than ‘A’ colour – it’s ALL of the colours! ha I know for some people rainbow stripe can be a bit much, but it seems to be everywhere I go at the moment and with it being Pride month it felt only right to celebrate with a colour calendar.
Somewhere over the rainbow
So let’s talk about the power of colour, because other than being nice to look at rainbows are a powerful symbol of hope, luck and good fortune. They’re pretty magical if you think about it – a natural miracle appearing in the sky after rain turns to sunshine. We’re all searching for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, eh? Adding a bit of colour not only brightens your environment, but your mood too! It sounds too good to be true, but I promise it’s a real thing. Even if you don’t believe it, just try it – add a splash of colour to your home and outfits, et voila! Smiles all round.
All or nothing
Like I said, rainbow can be a bit extra for some people, but colour doesn’t have to be as scary as it seems. Going full on Fruit Pastille lolly rainbow stripe is not for everyone, but used in the right way it can be a great colour pop and also quite retro. Also remember that not every rainbow needs to be built from those bright primary colours – experiment with a more muted rainbow if you’re not sure where to start.
This was a fun edit to put together – some great rainbows that I already own and some great rainbows that I want to own…
1. Sommar 2018 Rainbow cushion cover: IKEA – £4.50
2. Pantone Postcards: Amazon – £13.99
3. Rainbow metal cocktail shaker: A by Amara via Amara – £20
4. Rainbow basket bag: Bershka via asos – £35.99
5. Sharpie markers (24 pack): Amazon – £9.49
6. Magic White Rainbow Sneakers: Rocket Dog – £39
7. Rainbow flatwoven rug: IKEA – £130
8. Rainbow shooting star earrings: Tatty Devine – £55
9. Magic color palette A3 print: Hotel Magique – £35.26
10. Ampersand rainbow t-shirt: asos x Glaad – £20
11. Rainbow stripe flat mule: Kurt Geiger via asos – £139
12. Planet rainbow iron on patch: Zabby Allen via Etsy – £5
13. Rainbow stripe maxi dress: Look Again – £18
Have I converted you to the colourful side? My journey to living a more colourful life has really been pushed to the max recently – I’ve been a lot more adventurous and confident in my outfit choices, including the rainbow maxi dress and pastel rainbow sneakers. I feel like summer is the perfect time to embrace colours, whether that’s via clashing or matchy matchy colours. I know the saying is ‘Blondes have more fun’ but I’m pretty sure it should be ‘Rainbows have more fun’. So dip your toe into rainbow… I dare you!