Freelance Graphic designer by day, Blogger and Vlogger by night & Triangle enthusiast all the time!
The journey of a creative
After graduating from the University of Lincoln with a BA (Hons) Graphic Design in 2013, I moved to London in 2014 and have been sharing my adventures and journey as a Graphic Designer ever since.
I’ve had the opportunity to work with some amazing brands including Fanta, Winsor and Newton, Ribena, Lomography, Snapfish, Specsavers and MTV. Want to collaborate? Just drop me an email with your ideas.
Achievements to date:
– Shortlisted for ‘Best Careers Blog’ in the Cosmo Blog Awards 2014
– Winner of Young Persons Blog Award at the UK Blog Awards 2014
– Highly Commended Arts & Culture Blog at the UK Blog Awards 2015
– Shortlisted Best Design Inspiration Blog at the Amara Interior Blog Awards 2016
– My work has been published in a book – Packaging Structures
– I was a Semi Finalist in the Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2012
– My info graphic ‘Confessions of a blog-a-holic’ was highlighted as a staff pick on Visual.ly
– ‘Confessions of a blog-a-holic’ was also featured on Behance’s student showcase
– ‘Confessions of a blog-a-holic’ was also Freshly Pressed on WordPress
– ‘Confessions of a blog-a-holic’ was also featured in the Information is Beautiful Awards 2013 Longlist
The Blog story
I started blogging in January 2009 after deciding that it would be a good way to keep track of all my college projects and see how I have progressed, and moved from blogspot.com to wordpress in June 2009 with hope of getting some more exposure, comments and opinions from other Graphic Designers/Graphic Design lovers across the world. Now Graphique Fantastique documents my career journey, advice for young creatives, inspiration and other cool things – it’s part of my everyday life. It might be hard to say and spell but it has stuck and the fact that people have googled it makes me smile, a lot.
My Graphic Design story
In 2008 I studied A Levels in Product Design (Graphic Products), English Language and History. I wasn’t ready for University so I then completed the BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design course at The College Of West Anglia, where I achieved DDD – Triple Distinction and was also awarded ‘Graphic Design Student of The Year 2010‘ and the ‘Contribution to the Student Community‘ prize.
Whilst completing my BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree at Lincoln, I was a student rep, student ambassador, Auction 13 organiser and Press and Communications manager of Show Thirteen. All of this also lead to me being awarded the ‘Outstanding contribution to the course‘ award.
I graduated from University in September 2013 and began my career as a Junior Designer in February 2014. As of June 2016 I’m working as a Freelancer – get in touch if you want to work on something together!